Who are we?

Austin, Texas, United States
TX Pie Spies travel around the Austin, TX area on a quest for delicious pie. Country charm is not required, but it doesn't hurt. We're two women on a mission. . .

Monday, October 18, 2010

In which Jamie gives Threadgill's pie another try.

Even after finding Threadgill's pie rather disappointing, I still had a coupon for it and decided to try it again. After a delicious meal of southern home cookin', I requested a slice of pecan pie.
It was better than the buttermilk pie, but it wasn't anything to get excited about.
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm really spoiled when it comes to pecan pie. My grandmother made some amazing pecan pies growing up. Perfectly sweet, with crunchy pecans and a delicious flaky crust. My mom makes a pecan pie that's worth driving home.
This wasn't my momma's pecan pie. It was good- hot as lava; sweet, but not too sweet; and as nutty as can be. The pecans tasted microwaved; they were soft, not crunchy. The crust was kinda meh.
Meh.

Well, here is a picture. Or two. I will be back, soon, with pie from somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment